We will provide our customers with the best experience from end to end, with a focus on delivering user-friendly and cost-effective solutions that deliver unparalleled value to our clients and those they serve.
Since inception, we’ve consistently enjoyed steady and sustainable growth, resulting in a positive financial position every year. Equally important, Systems East has no debt and has never sought or received funding from external sources such as banks or venture capitalists. Our financial independence permits a focus on quality instead of shareholder income. This is entirely consistent with a management strategy that focuses on attraction and retention of both clients and employees. Our return on investment is not measured solely by the bottom line. We place a high value on relationships, we can invest as appropriate to advance them, and we can exercise patience in seeking a return on investment. As a result, we now assist our clients in handling billions of dollars in transactions annually.
- 1981: The Integrated Finance Management and Access System is launched to provide vastly improved management of budgeting, finance, and purchasing.
- 1981: The Tax Collection System (TCS) is released, rapidly establishing the standard for tax enforcement in New York counties and municipalities.
- 1985: Our Integrated Payroll Solution is delivered as the final installment of our financial product suite for the county-level client base.
- 1996: TCS is re-written with an expanded scope to become the Total Collection Solution, now offering collection and enforcement of several types of obligations.
- 2005: Xpress-pay is launched, allowing any organization to easily accept secure online payments or donations for virtually any purpose.
- 2007: An automated telephone payment service is integrated into Xpress-pay, extending ePayments services to technologically underserved clients and consumers.
- 2011: Xpress-pay Mobile is launched as one of the first commercially viable mobile wallet solutions available on the market.
- 2012-2016: IFM/Access, Payroll, and TCS were rewritten as cloud-based applications, vastly improving access and reducing implementation and operational costs.
Director of Administrative & Enrollment Services
Director of Business Development
Director of Operations
Director of Marketing